Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays (April 28, 2015)




“A world is supported by four things….” She held up four big-knuckled fingers. “…the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing...." She closed her fingers into a fist. "...without a ruler who knows the art of ruling."

Dune by Frank Herbert, Book One: Dune

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments:

  1. That teaser is so thoughtful, and right in a lot of ways. A good snippet for this series.


    Here is my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Dune. I liked this book a lot and have read it a couple of times. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the series. I'm on the linky if you want to see what I'm teasing this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one before, but it sounds mighty interesting! :)

    My Teaser Tuesday
    Tabatha @Shattered Hearts Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. A teaser for the teaser. Of course we all have to come and see what the four things are.

    My TT this week: Dead Midnight by Marcia Muller at http://wp.me/pZnGI-mW

    ReplyDelete