Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays (November 10, 2015)



“…the plague America infiltrating the Swede’s castle and there infecting everyone. The daughter who transports him out of the longed-for American pastoral and into everything that is its antithesis and its enemy, into the fury, the violence, and the desperation of the counterpastoral – into the indigenous American berserk.”

from American Pastoral by Philip Roth

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm

 Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments:

  1. What do you think of this one so far? I have heard good things about American Pastoral, but haven't read it. I admit Roth's writing intimidates me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I like it a lot (about half way). The story is compelling, and I have not found the writing challenging at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds a bit heavy. I had to read that teaser a few times. Here's my teaser from a non-fiction book about women in Afghanistan: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-115

    ReplyDelete