Saturday, March 5, 2022

Six Degrees of Separation: from The End of the Affair to City of Glass

Six Degrees of Separation is a monthly meme hosted by Kate @ booksarmyfavouriteandbest.

 

This month’s chain begins with The End of the Affair by Graham Greene which I’ve not read, but it is on my TBR.  I often get this title mixed up with…

 

The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen, which I am currently reading. Good so far, but I haven’t reached the main conflict. But isn’t the title almost synonymous with the previous title? And in turn, this title reminds me of…

 

The Heart of the Matter, also by Graham Greene, which I have read. And since I’ve developed a trend, I’ll just stick with “titles” as the connecting thread, leading me to…

 

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. Very good; very sad. The title leads me to…

 

The Bee Hunter by James Fenimore Cooper. Wonderful and underappreciated tale. Next…

 

The Glass Bees by Ernest Jünger, on my TBR, and finally leading to…

 

City of Glass by Paul Aster, also on my TBR

 

And that is how you get from The End of the Affair to City of Glass.

 


 

 


1 comment: