Saturday, April 23, 2022

Tis Speaketh like Shakespeare Day

So bethought I wouldst deign to speak a verse or twain as bard.

First, I shall agnize t’is not talk nay soliloquy, but rath'r scribing hard.

Moreso, as I suff’rst the words so fearfully imposing;

I shouldst eke agnize t’is not verily scribing, but more composing.

Alas, I seeth readily, yond 'twill beest some plus a line or two,

T’is haps most wondrous I attempt anew.

 

Bethought I deign to composeth lines the bard might proffer.

I plight to fall upon some worthy thought, for to my readers offer.

T’is more ease have said than done;

E’re good intent and faithful act are one.

Is't vain to muse my thoughts anon could’st of value be,

To thee lief reader seeking serendipity?

 

Haps not, for how thee chance ‘pon blog o’mine but from some erstwhile wander

Dids’t liketh, followeth, subsribeth, bookmarketh, finding points to ponder?

Alas, no foul, may I right claim thy goodly fav’r;

Rightful prize of all here’s lack and lustered labor.

Thus with my willful intent now full affirmed and free all fear;

I meet the mark, to wit, composeth like Shakespeare

 

Anon

 

The Wand'r'r


3 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! How long have you been working on your Shakespearish, I wonder?

    I admit, I stumbled a bit in my comprehension, as it has been a year or more since I've last practiced the Bard. But I think you are asking your readers how we found your blog??? Am I right????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very close. I'm wondering if I could say anything worthwhile, but reassuring myself...that since you, and others like you, follow my blog...it means I must write things that are sometimes found worthwhile :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. LOL! It was worth a shot. I was thrown off by "Dids't."

      Well, now that you clarified, I agree.

      Delete