Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Musical selections to read by AND Top Ten songs that should be books


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

February 16: This week is all about music and books.

Well, since we’ve been given some latitude on this week’s topic, I will offer two separate lists:

First, Ten music selections I like to read to, inspired by Emma’s Bookery take on the musical Top Ten Tuesday. 

Mostly instrumentals, as songs with lyrics distract when I’m reading.

Hawaiian slack key guitar 













Gettysburg Soundtrack












Chuck Mangione
 










Dave Grusin – The Orchestral Album
 










Chariots of Fire Soundtrack











Little Women Soundtrack
 










The Godfather Soundtrack
 










Aaron Copeland
 










Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack











Allegria – Cirque de Soleil













And second songs that should be books:

You can call me Al by Paul Simon
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Carefree Highway by Gordon Lightfoot
Piano Man by Billy Joel
Taxi by Harry Chapin (yeah…forgot about this song didn’t ya…checking Youtube now aren’t ya?)
Horse with no Name by America
On the Border by Al Stewart
Never been to Spain by Three Dog Night
Proud Mary by Credence Clearwater Revival
The Pretender by Jackson Browne

.

1 comment:

  1. I might be in the minority, but I really prefer silence when I read. I've tried to listen to music but I just find it distracting. That said, I love the Gettysburg soundtrack--actually I really love the movie, and of course, the book it was based on.

    ReplyDelete