Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Classics Bingo Challenge

**2015 Classics Bingo**
from Catching Up on Classics (and lots more) at Goodreads


I was able to make most of these match up to my 100 Greatest Novels Quest (exceptions being: N2 Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow and O3 Picnic at Hanging Rock)

My choices are:

B1: Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
B2: Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis
B3: A Bend in the River by V.S. Naipaul
B4: The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
B5: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

I1: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I2: The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
I3: Dune by Frank Herbert
I4: The Trial by Franz Kafka
I5: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

N1: Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
N2: Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome
N3:FREE SPACE
N4: The Call of the Wild by Jack London
N5: Emma by Jane Austen

G1: The Day of the Locust by Nathanael West
G2: Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
G3: Nostromo by Joseph Conrad
G4: The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
G5: Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov

O1: American Pastoral by Philip Roth
O2: I, Claudius by Robert Graves
O3: Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
O4: The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
O5: Beloved by Toni Morrison

7 comments:

  1. This looks like SO MUCH FUN! But I can't. (I'm telling myself.) I hope I can do this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Raymond Chandler in there! My absolute favorite author <3 Enjoy your game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep finding challenges I'd like to do. Maybe next year - this one looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun challenge.I am already in a 2015 group challenge for the year, but this looks like way more fun. I will have to keep this one in my back pocket in case I am ever looking for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...can't do em all. I wouldn't have done this one if it didn't match pretty well with my main quest.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome. In fact, they make my day. You needn't sign in to leave a comment. Just enter your comment, then on the "Comment as:" drop down menu, select "anonymous".