Saturday, August 28, 2021

R.I.P. XVI - A spook inspired reading challenge



 

 

An annual Halloween themed reading challenge that runs from September thru October. It’s pretty relaxed as to what qualifies – horror, suspense, mystery, gothic, etc. I try to stick to classics, which apart from the two most obvious, Frankenstein and Dracula, it can be a little challenging to find books of these genres amongst the classics. They’re there, just takes a little digging to find them. 


 

For R.I.P this year, I will read:



 


Rebecca   by Daphne du Maurier



 

 








And


The Collector   by John Fowles





(titles in Century Gothic font...see what I did there?)

 


 


A last minute update, I'm adding
The Haunting of Hill House to my list for this challenge.





Previous R.I.P. reads

R.I.P. XIV

R.I.P. XV


.

5 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of book read. I always read spooky or suspenseful stories. From the 19th century of course. I'm old fashioned and I like reading old fashioned stories.

    I'll have to look up the Collector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So there's no blog sponsor that I know of. It is run via twitter and instagram...@perilreaders

      Delete
  3. Ha, me again. Did I mention to you that I have changed blog addresses? I'm now with wordpress. The address is https://gentlymadblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I did catch this news...Thanks!

      Delete