Description

Welcome to The Once Lost Wanderer. The name is derived from two poems: Amazing Grace by reformed slave trader John Newton, and All That is Gold Does Not Glitter by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (September 15, 2015) Books with numbers in the title



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

 

Freebie – My Choice?  Hmmm….OK, Top Ten books with numbers in the title:






A Tale of Two Cities

Fahrenheit 451

At Swim-Two-Birds

The Crying of Lot 49

Three Men in a Boat

Let’s make it a Baker’s Dozen
The Thirty-Nine Steps

The Three Musketeers

A Thousand Splendid Suns

And one more that sort of qualifies
From Here to Eternity

7 comments:

  1. Interesting topic!! :-D A Thousand Splendid Suns is one of my favourite books - in fact, I think a reread is in order pretty soon. I haven't read many classics, but really want to! Which do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of this list (novels with numbers in the title), I'm most recommend A Tale of Two Cities. Of all classics I've read? If only one, I'd say To Kill a Mockingbird. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice topic! I haven't read as many of these as I would have liked too. It's a working progress though.

    My list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Catch-22 when I read it in high school. I've been wanting to reread it, see what I think of it now since I've forgotten all the details. I just remember that it was a great mixture of hilarious and powerful. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting topic choice - so many classics have numbers in the titles!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. In fact, they make my day. You needn't sign in to leave a comment. Just enter your comment, then on the "Comment as:" drop down menu, select "anonymous".