Friday, July 24, 2015

It was a dark and stormy night

Have you ever heard of the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest (BLFC)?

I won't explain in detail, visit the website if you are interested...and I am confident in saying, that if you read this blog you will be interested in the BLFC.

I have entered the contest a few times before, never won, but I have reason to be a little extra hopeful this year. I am growing impatient though, as there is no definite timeline of when they announce the winners. The past winning entries and honorable mentions are an amusing way to kill a couple hours.

But besides the contest, I was perusing the website and discovered a link to what looks like an awesome game. So, if you need a gift idea for the reader in your family...no wait...that's you, so find a way to leave a subtle hint for your family...because I guarantee you are going to want this board game.

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night – the game for people who love to read

I'm not being paid; I'm just so excited about this game and thought you would be too. My subtle hint will involve printing a copy of the website and writing in bold letters...I WANT THIS.

So, I hope to be basking in the glory of winning the BLFC soon. But there is one big consolation for not winning. It is a BAD writing contest, so if I fail - at bad writing - I think that makes me a good writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment