Saturday, July 25, 2015

Premio Dardos Award



This is a bit overdue, but the honor came unexpectedly, so I had to buy a tux and practice my acceptance speech…all that.

I’d like to thank Zezee of Zezee With Books for nominating me for the Premio Dardos Award. I appreciate the honor.

However, I have just a bit of trepidation to follow “the rules” and pass it on. There is one aspect of social media that, hmmm, bugs me a bit. I have an aversion of doing anything that obligates anyone else to anything and an aversion to anyone obligating me.

Let me be clear. I don’t believe that’s what this is, but I feel that some might, almost, just maybe, feel that way, and hence my trepidation. But as I said, it’s just a “bit” of trepidation. I'm going to rise above it, as I do appreciate the honor.  So I’m going to pass it on.

Just know, that I am nominating you because I enjoy your blog and your insights on the common love of classic literature. If you don’t feel like passing it on, no worries and no explanation necessary. I can’t promise, however, that some sort of Premio Dardos SWAT team won’t knock down your door in the middle of the night and drag you off to a correctional facility in an undisclosed South American village, but again – no worries as far as I’m concerned.

My nominations follow the rules...cuz we gotta have rules, or it's just rugby.





Without further ado, my nominations are:

A Great Book Study

Ann's Classic Bookshelf

Brona's Books

Classical Carousel

Exploring Classics

Fanda Classic Lit

ipsofactodotme

Literature Frenzy

Loose Logic

MagicandMystery

Mirror with Clouds

Music and My Mind

Novel Reading

Ravens and Writing Desks

The Edge of the Precipice

The Oddness of Moving Things

5 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks! That's very sweet of you. I accept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, SWAT team. I felt the same when I did the award post. I didn't want anyone to feel forced to do it, especially since not everyone participates in these type of posts.
    I am glad to discover new blogs to visit, and possibly follow, through your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed...discovering other bloggers is the best aspect of this, and I think, really the purpose.

      Delete
  3. LOL!
    Thanks Joseph, for honouring me with the award.
    But I don't think I would be able to post anything (not even my very much late reviews!) right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joseph! You made my day and gave me several new weblogs to check out.

    ReplyDelete