Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Back to the Classics Challenge 2020 - wrap up

I completed a classic from all twelve categories of the Back to the Classics Challenge 2020, hosted by Books and Chocolate



 

My favorite was The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, least favorite The Tale of Genji. 

 


19th Century Classic: Nicholas Nickleby (1838)


 

20th Century Classic: Where the Red Fern Grows (1961)




Classic by a Woman Author: Under the Net (Iris Murdoch)


 

Classic in Translation: The Stranger (French)


 

Classic by a Person of Color: The Tale of Genji (Murasaki Shikibu, Japanese)


 

A Genre Classic: Phantastes (fantasy)


 

Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Jude the Obscure


 

Classic with a Place in the Title: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall


 

Classic with Nature in the Title: Wide Sargasso Sea




Classic About a Family: The Castle of Otranto




Abandoned Classic: Riders of the Purple Sage


 

Adapted Classic (to stage or screen): The Sign of the Four (numerous film renditions)




.

 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! Especially getting through Nicholas Nickleby. What a commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N.N. was no problem...I always enjoy Dickens. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of this challenge. I wonder if there will be a 2021 challenge. Congratulations on completing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be! She just announced it. Yahoo!

      Delete
    2. I see that you found that it is indeed an annual event. I always enjoy it, and yes...it complements The Classics Club perfectly.

      Delete
  3. Well done! I think I am going to have to leave mine at 9 read instead of the full 12. That "abandoned classic" is sadly going to remain abandoned! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a little hard for me to even think of one. Usually, if I start something, especially a classic, I finish it. That was way back from my childhood reading.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations for completing the challenge, you chose very good titles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tenant was also my favorite read from the Back to the Classics challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete