Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Classics Club Spin #29

It is time for the29th edition of the Classics Club Spin – List 20 books from my Classics Club TBR, the moderators will pick a random number between 1 - 20, and I then have until April 30, 2022 to read the corresponding book.

 




I only have 16 novels left on my Round III list, including a trilogy that I intend to read as one, so I will list several of these twice.

 

I’m hoping for The Princess Bride or the The Last Unicorn.

 

My spin list

 

1. Foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimov

2. Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens

3. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

4. Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino

5. Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens

6. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

7. Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan

8. Nightmare Abbey by Thomas Love Peacock

9. The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery

10. Bang the Drum Slowly by Mark Harris

11. Portnoy’s Complaint by Philip Roth

12. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

13. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

14. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

15. Nightmare Abbey by Thomas Love Peacock

16. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

17. Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino

18. A House for Mr. Biswas by V. S. Naipaul

19. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

20. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

 

.

 


8 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you're counting the Foundation trilogy as one book! My copy is in one volume, but I've only added the first book to my CC list. (and not for this spin!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I've read a couple on your list - #7 and 12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for Calvino who is common to our lists, though different books. I liked yours, but not as much as If on a Winter's Night a Traveler...
    My list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/03/16/the-classics-club-the-classics-spin-29/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oliver Twist is by far my favorite of the three Dickens, so I hope you get that one! Princess Bride is also good, and I really liked The Blue Castle, a very sweet romance. I think I've read The Maltese Falcon but maybe I'm just mixing it up with the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll cross my fingers for The Last Unicorn or The Princess Bride for you. Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read The Last Unicorn & I'm curious about that one.

    The Maltese Falcon's pretty great but it is hard to separate from the movie.

    Hope you get something good!

    Of the Dickens I also think Oliver Twist is the best, but I liked Dombey and Son a lot.

    ReplyDelete