Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Literary Christmas 2022

brought to you by In the Bookcase

 


The Rules are simple – pick your Christmas reads for 2022, write a blog post about them, and link back to In the Bookcase. And now that it's December, I can do this :)

 

I honor of the Magi, who brought the Christ child three gifts, I read three Christmas tales each December. This year I will be reading:

 

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (translation by J. R. R. Tolkien)

 

A Country Christmas by Louisa May Alcott

 

Is there a Santa Clause by Frank Church

(Commonly known as Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

 

Have a Blessed Christmas

 

The Wanderer

 

4 comments:

  1. Cool list! I remember reading Is There a Santa Claus years ago because I liked the Charles Bronson movie, but I can't remember much about the story itself. Maybe I should try to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the Charles Bronson movie. I certainly wouldn't have imagined him in the role. It looks interesting though, and I hope to watch it after my read. Thanks Rachel!

      Delete
  2. Three Christmas treats you'd surely to enjoy! I've been meaning to buy a copy of Alcott's A County Christmas, it should be charming. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't started my Christmas reads yet, but no worries. There are free versions of A Country Christmas online.

      Delete