Wednesday, March 9, 2016

If you do not want what I want...Who said it? (Wednesday, March 9, 2016)



Last week’s quotation: All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

Is of course from Animal Farm by George Orwell, which was identified correctly by Anonymous.

A hint for this week. Most of my quotations are from Classic Novels. This week is from non-fiction.

This week’s Quotation:  If you do not want what I want, please try not to tell me that my want is wrong. Or if my beliefs are different from yours, at least pause before you set out to correct them. Or if my emotion seems less or more intense than yours, given the same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel other than I do. Or if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action, please let me be. I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will come only when you are willing to give up trying to change me into a copy of you.

Name the author and/or his/her book, extra credit for both. First to get it right wins the privilege of being known as the first to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment