Saturday, May 1, 2021

Run for the Roses 2021

I hate to pick the favorite, because it’s too easy, doesn’t pay, and the favorite usually does not win the Kentucky Derby – but in this instance, I have to pick undefeated favorite Essential Quality.


                                             https://images.app.goo.gl/vpYPaFzLsoTDq3zMA

 

But in defense of my handicapping skill, I’ve been on this horse since he was a 2-year-old, middle-odds runner.

 

Perfect 6-0 record, including 5 graded stakes wins; versatile – he can stay off the pace, trail the field and close in the stretch, or lead wire-to-wire. Bloodlines – great-great-grandson of Secretariat, and cousin of an ill-fated favorite of mine Qaulity Road.

 

Esoteric qualities: A beautiful gray – I love the grays, an appealing, lyrical name, and maybe, hopefully, that something unknown. I hope trainer Chad Cox, and jockey Luis Saez get their first Kentucky Derby win in the most exciting 2 minutes in Sport. 

 

Horses who could beat him: Rock Your World, Hot Rod Charlie, or Highly Motivated


Run for the Roses by Dan Fogelberg


.

No comments:

Post a Comment