Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Classics Club Spin #38

It is time for the 38th edition of the Classics Club Spin – List 20 books from my CC TBR, by Sunday, July 21, the mods then pick a random number, and I have until September 22 to read the corresponding book.

 

My spin list:

 

1. Hangover Square by Patrick Hamilton

2. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens

3. Loving by Henry Green

4. Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens

5. The Magus by John Fowles

6. Rabbit, Run by John Updike

7. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens

8. The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

9. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad

10. The Ballad of the Sad Café by Carson McCullers

11. Grendel by John Gardner

12. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

13. Scoop by Evelyn Waugh

14. Cool Hand Luke by Don Pearce

15. The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier

16. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather

17. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

18. The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth

19. Post Office by Charles Bukowski

20. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

 

 

I don’t have one I’m especially hoping for; maybe Cool Hand Luke. I’m not in the mood for a long read, so not hoping 2, 4, or 7, even though I usually enjoy Dickens.

 

.

 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew Cool Hand Luke was a novel before it was a movie! (which I've actually never seen, though I do know one of the famous quotations from it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be one of those rare ones that the movie is considered better than the book, though I cannot comment. I’d say I’ll let you know, but since it didn’t come up as the spin number it will be a while until I get to it.

      Delete