Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bye bye PC - NOVA this week (July 30, 2016)

Observations from my weekly wanderings, usually in Northern Virginia (NOVA).

After more than 25 years of frustration with PCs, I’ve finally made the switch and NOVA this week is coming to you via my shiny new iMAC. I’m not going to say I absolutely love it yet – still getting used to the different buttonology. But, I’m pretty sure I won’t miss having processes slow down after a few months use, and I’m pretty sure I won’t miss Microsoft changing the operating system every couple years, and I’m pretty sure I won’t miss the irreparable hard drive crashing, and on, and on, and on.


Why did I wait 25 years? I'm Cheap. But I finally realized PCs aren’t cheaper if you replace them every 2-3 years. Now, I know the jury is still out. My iMAC hasn’t gone the distance yet and proven it’s worth the premium. But if everyone whom I know, who has made the switch is right – I should still be using this machine 4, or 5, or 6 years from now. Stay tuned.

The packaging is even more user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment