Saturday, January 8, 2022

What's in a Name 2022 challenge

My second year taking the What’s in a Name challenge, hosted by Carolina Book Nook


 


Books must have titles with references to the six different categories. 

 

Categories and my choices:

 

Compound Word

Nightmare Abbey

Thomas Love Peacock

 

Speed (any reference to speed)

Bang the Drum Slowly

Mark Harris

 

Person and their Description

The Princess Bride

William Goldman

 

Mythical Being

The Last Unicorn

Peter S. Beagle

 

Season

Legends of the Fall

Jim Harrison

 

Color

The Blue Castle

Lucy Maud Montgomery


.

 

4 comments:

  1. I did this challenge for many years and it led me to some really interesting books I wouldn't have found otherwise. I have gotten a bit out of control with my challenge sign ups this year though so probably am not going to do this one. Your list looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...yes, so many challenges. They all look fun, but I'm also limiting myself. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I don't know any of these books. Are you venturing into uncharted territory?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...most of these are considered classics. If you've not heard of Princess Bride...well I haven't read it, but the movie is MUST SEE.

      Delete