Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
February 9: Valentine's Day is next week...let's do a Valentine's Day themed freebie! Top Ten Books That Would Make Great Valentine's Day Reads (or anti-Valentine's day reads), Top Ten OTPs, Top 10 fictional crushes, top ten great love declarations in fiction, swoony quotes from books etc. Get creative!
I think this would qualify as anti-Valentine, because these are my Top 10 worst mismatches, ill-fated, or just plain annoying matches. In no particular order except for #1… because…Blech! Heathcliff doesn’t know the meaning of the word Love and Catherine is just a fool.
10. Hester Prynne and Rev Arthur Dimmesdale from The Scarlet Letter
9. Philip Carey and Mildred from Of Human Bondage
8. Sara Woodruff and Charles Smithson from The French Lieutenant’s Woman
7. Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind
· Or Scarlett and Ashley
6. Anna Karenina and Count Vronsky from Anna Karenina
5. Charles Ryder and Julia Flyte from Brideshead Revisited
4. Winston Smith and Julia from 1984
3. Jake Barnes and Lady Brett Ashley from The Sun Also Rises