Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Top Ten Novellas / Short Stories - Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



July 17, 2018: Top Ten Novellas / Short Stories

#1  Easy – The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#2  The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry

#3  The Story of the Other Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke 

#4  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

#5  The Adventure of the Speckled Band – by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Sherlock Holmes short story

#6  Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

#7  The Man Who was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton

#8  The Call of the Wild by Jack London

#9  The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder

#10  Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

I have the short stories of Edger Allan Poe on my TBR, and I suspect there will be some in that collection that I'll want to put in this list...but for now, this is how it stands.

.

8 comments:

  1. The Gift of the Magi was such a good read. I reread it every December.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I’ve read most of these, and I’m reading The Little Prince right now. I hope I like it as much as you did.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I've read half of these, but didn't like heart of darkness due to how it was taught in class.
    Here's my TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I've read all but #s 3 and 9. Since you have good taste in books :), I trust your judgment and will look them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Story of the Other Wise Man is truly glorious.

      Delete