Top 10 bookish things I am thankful for
10. Clint Eastwood did not play the role of Atticus Finch
(don't get me wrong, I love Clint, but Atticus? Just sayin)
9. No more James Joyce novels on my quest
8. Aldous Huxley's vision of the future did not come to be
7. I didn't/don't live in the house at 124 Bluestone Ct.
6. George Orwell's vision of the future did not come to be
5. No one has made a remake of Gone with the Wind
4. Anthony Burgess' vision of the future did not come to be
3. My father was not like Anse Brundsen
2. None of my children were like Holden Caulfield
And the number one bookish thing I am thankful for...
1. Cormac McCarthy did not write The Lord of the Rings